Absentee and Live Online Bidding
We accept “absentee” bids, and offer online platforms where you can bid in real time.
Absentee Bidding: To leave a bid, you can contact us directly by phone (204-477-5353) or email (email@example.com), talk to us in person at the preview or register your bid online through a third party platform. Please register your bids at least two hours before the start of the auction, and ensure that we have responded to your request before the start of the auction; we do not guarantee receipt of such until we provide confirmation by phone, email, or in person.
HOW ABSENTEE BIDDING WORKS:
If you were to leave the highest “absentee” bid for piece ‘X’ at $100.00 before the “absentee” bid cutoff time, the auctioneer will take the $100 bid into the live auction and the members of the audience will bid against the $100 until:
1. such time that it is surpassed by another bidder, or
2. the competing members of the audience fall short of your $100 bid in which case yours will be the winning bid by no more and no less than 1 full bidding increment- i.e. if the bidding starts at $25 and is increasing in increments of $25 and the opposing bidding ends at $50, yours will be the winning bid at $75 plus a 10% buyer’s premium, any applicable taxes and all shipping and handling charges.
3. We will contact successful bidders within 24 hours of the auctions’ completion, to verify payment and delivery arrangements.
All hammer prices and “absentee” bids must be paid in U.S. Or Canadian dollars.
All remote bids are subject to a 15% buyers premium, any applicable Canadian taxes, and all shipping and handling charges.
All bidders are expected to exercise ‘due diligence’ prior to bidding. We can assist with inspection of items of interest where requested, and provide images on request. Dominion Auctions is not responsible for any mistakes or omissions. We encourage out of town bidders to engage a qualified third party, at the bidders expense, to provide or verify condition reports prior to bidding.
Items are not sent out on approval. We describe items to the best of our ability. All items are sold ‘as is’ ‘where is’ with no warranties expressed or implied. All hammer prices are final and non- refundable.
Dominion Antiques reserves the right to reject an “absentee” bid from any party for any reason.
As a method of payment: Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Visa and MasterCard numbers will NOT be shared with a third party.
All pieces will be shipped within 5 business days of the auction’s completion or confirmation of shipping address.
Packing and postage charges depend on 4 factors:
1. The destination of the shipment.
2. The shipment weight and size.
3. At what price the piece has to be insured.
4. The speed of the delivery (i.e. airmail, courier, regular mail, etc).
Any item purchased from Dominion Antiques is returnable (post paid) to us within 7 days of receipt if it is found to be substantially different than as described. Dominion Antiques reserves the right to reject requests for return for any reason. Unsatisfactory purchases may be re-entered into a later auction. We do not send out any items on approval, but will happily answer any questions by serious buyers to the best of our ability.